Beyond the Basics: Information Every Patient With an MPN Should Know
It's a fact that myeloproliferative neoplasms, or MPNs, such as polycythemia vera (PV), myelofibrosis (MF), and essential thrombocythemia (ET) are considered rare diseases. That's why they aren't widely known or understood by most people-including some of the people who live with them. Finding detailed educational MPN information can sometimes be a challenge. That's why it's important for those living with or affected by an MPN to advocate for their own care by exploring resources that offer more than just the basics.
Understanding Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (MPNs) is an informative and comprehensive educational slide deck originally intended for educational use by MPN Healthcare Professionals and MPN advocates. It's also a valuable educational tool that can help patients with MPNs and their caregivers who want more detailed information to expand their MPN education.
This slide deck provides detailed information about the three main Philadelphia chromosome-negative MPNs-PV, ET, and MF. Topics include:
- An overview of the 3 main types of Philadelphia chromosome-negative MPNs, including:
- The origins of MPNs
- Key facts about the genetics of MPNs
- Common clinical features of MPNs
- Common laboratory testing used to diagnose and monitor MPNs
- Details about how MPNs may progress or transform over time
In addition, this slide deck offers helpful tips for both patients and caregivers, including:
- How to take an active role in managing your MPN
- Steps to become your own best advocate
- Additional resources