Ten Reasons to Join the CHAMPN Connections Program
Author: Voices of MPN
For people who have been diagnosed (or are caring for someone) with an MPN such as polycythemia vera (PV), essential thrombocythemia (ET), or myelofibrosis (MF), it is not uncommon to sometimes feel alone on the MPN journey. The CHAMPN Connections peer-to-peer program provides an opportunity to connect one-on-one with another patient or caregiver who shares a similar experience.
Here are 10 great reasons to register for the CHAMPN Connections Program:
- PROMOTE COMMUNITY—MPNs are rare diseases, so it’s not always easy to find someone who knows what you’re going through. Connecting with an MPN peer is an ideal way to remember that you are part of a greater community—and are not alone.
- GET OR PROVIDE ONE-ON-ONE SUPPORT—Many MPN patients want to know more about living with their condition, but don’t know where to turn for that unique brand of support. Connecting with peers enables you to give (or receive) much-needed, one-on-one support via telephone.
- INSPIRE SELF-ADVOCACY— Partner Communicating with an MPN peer enables you to encourage empowerment and self-advocacy while also supporting larger advocacy efforts within the greater MPN community.
- SHARE YOUR STORY—By sharing your own personal story with another MPN patient or caregiver, you can help educate and inspire someone else on their own MPN journey.
- GET INFORMED—You can get and provide access to helpful MPN education tools that can help empower and inform the MPN journey.
- MAKE A MEANINGFUL CONNECTION—It’s one thing to read about MPN patient stories, but another thing altogether to talk to someone on the telephone and have a conversation about it. CHAMPN Connections aims to help these meaningful connections take place.
- PROVIDE PEER PARTNERSHIP—It’s important to have a true partner that you can count on for support and guidance throughout the ever-changing MPN journey.
- RAISE YOUR VOICE—Your willingness to speak up on behalf of others helps raise MPN awareness in the MPN community.
- BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER—CHAMPN Connections offers a unique opportunity to drive connection and communication within the greater MPN Community.
- TAKE AN ACTIVE ROLE IN YOUR CARE—Expanding your personal support network is a great way to take an active role in managing your MPN journey.